Data Scientist (JR1029477)
- 125 High St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. At Broadridge, we do well by doing good. Our unique culture is guided by the Service-Profit Chain—the idea that success is mutual, directly connecting employee engagement, client satisfaction, and the creation of stockholder value. We enable better financial lives by powering investing, governance, and communications for our clients, their customers, and the financial services industry.
The Data Scientist will be a skilled problem solver who has a passion for utilizing data to drive business results through insights and improved decision-making. The position will involve working closely with North American Distribution Solutions’ Distribution Insight teams as well as Broadridge clients’ analytics and business intelligence teams for the planning, execution, and delivery of Broadridge analytics and data science products, which include a variety of predictive models, marketing analytics, forecasting, development of sales and business analytics, and more.
The Data Scientist will participate in analytical product development and custom consulting projects focused on delivering new analytical insights to clients. This opportunity is for someone who wants to make an impact in advanced analytics and data science within the Asset Management segment of the FinTech Industry and will provide direct support to North American Distribution Solutions within AccessData.
The Data Scientist will develop an analytical expertise that can result in new developments or enhancements to client engagements, as well as integration and improvements associated with the Distribution Insight platform including SalesVision, Sales Analytics, Market Analytics, and Opportunity Hunter. This will include, but not be limited to: retail sales data, portfolio holdings information, CRM data, digital marketing data, web activity data, and other industry data from public and private sources such as Form ADV, client data, and the Broadridge MIDS data repository.
1. Data mining and ability to translate raw data into meaningful insights and recommendations
2. Learn and apply advanced machine learning algorithms to further enhance Broadridge’s analytical offerings
3. Construction and maintenance of a variety of predictive models (lead scoring, look-a-like, retention, and other customized predictive models)
4. Develop new approaches to present complex analytical concepts using data visualization
5. Work with Product Management to identify and develop new and/or enhance existing analytical products from client interactions
6. Develop custom analytical solutions as required by Broadridge Distribution Insight clients
7. Stay informed of/follow all relevant Broadridge policies to ensure the security and privacy of data
8. Take direction from business leaders, product managers, and senior Data Scientist(s)
9. Assist in development of new analytical products for the Distribution Insight Platform or custom Distribution Insight client engagements
10. Acquire and maintain knowledge of all North American Distribution Solutions products and functionality, keeping current as the product set evolves and new data sets or capabilities are added
11. Keep abreast of competitors’ analytical offerings
12. Keep current with trends in mutual fund distribution
13. Help arrange analytical product demonstrations
14. May perform other duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or quantitative discipline (2-5 years experience)
- Understanding of and willingness to learn statistical analysis and modeling
- Ability to present complex data sets and analysis in easy to understand ways
- Experience with R and/or Python required
- Experience with SQL required for data mining
- Experience processing and analyzing large data sets. Expertise with Excel is required
- Investment product manufacturer and/or financial intermediary analytical experience preferred but not required (ideally product distribution or sales related)
- Previous work as Data Scientist or similar quantitative analytical experience required
- Data science-related certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of cogent demonstrations and presentations
- Solid understanding of product uses and value propositions
- Ability to work within a diverse team and serve a variety of stakeholders with different priorities
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to [email protected]