Development Lead (JR1028817)
- St Catherines Court, Berkeley Pl, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1BQ, UK
Broadridge are seeking a Development Lead to join our team.
You might already be a Lead Developer looking for a fulfilling new role or maybe a talented Senior Developer looking to take the exciting next step in your career. Then why not join a team of passionate like-minded individuals who are building the next generation of applications for a growing International FinTech Business.
We are looking for experienced individuals with proficiency in .Net, Azure and general cloud microservices architectures. The role of Development Lead puts you in charge of leading a team of talented developers and gives you exposure to a wide range of technologies. You’ll have the chance to grow yourself and also develop other individuals to reach their potential. The role also gives plenty of opportunity to influence the design of our solutions.
With a proficiency in .Net and modern web development, and experience in the development of Cloud applications, primarily for Azure, you will play a key role in the transition and further development of our systems in the Cloud. Expertise and enthusiasm for Big Data would also be advantageous! As part of a fully equipped Scrum team, you will be working at the helm of a cross functional team, pulling towards common delivery outcomes. You’ll be able to use your skills and experience to drive problem solving, deliver quality solutions on time and help lead and motivate those around you. You will have good communication skills and be capable of dealing with various areas of the business. You have a strong technical mindset but also know how to get the best out of other people. You are capable of analysing complex problems and also pushing others in the quest to produce clear, clean solutions which have solid development principles.
- Managing a team of developers, working on the entire application stack to deliver quality solutions that build business value
- Hosting/facilitating team meetings and ensuring team contribute effectively into planning and estimation
- Working with business analysts and product owners to help scope new work and formulate roadmaps
- Designing solutions to problems with the help of a peer group of Senior and Lead Developers.
- Ensuring architecture of solutions conform to agreed standards for security, scalability, reliability etc
- Documenting the technical structure of the solutions your team builds
- Motivating and engaging with team and individuals, promoting healthy minds, ambition and ways of working that get the best out of everyone (doing this through standard processes like holding one to ones, personal development plans, appraisals etc)
- Safeguarding the quality of what is being built and also managing any technical debt that accrues
- Over 5 years’ relevant software development experience
- Hands-on professional experience developing and deploying solutions on cloud-based infrastructure
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server/Oracle)
- Strong communication skills ·
- Good standard of English
- Eligible to work in United Kingdom
- Experience of working in a Financial Services environment
- .net Framework and .net Core
- Vue.js, knockout.js
- SQL Server, ElasticSearch
- Big Data analytics
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Computer Science or equivalent degree – Desirable
- Experience leading teams – Desirable
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."