Professional Software Engineer (JR1021912)
- 125 High St, Boston, MA
Broadridge is growing! We are currently hiring a Professional Software Engineer. You will work with an enterprise class, Java based billing application that is used by asset managers around the globe to generate accurate and sophisticated invoices for their customers.
As part of the team, you will improve and update the functionality of the Revport application. Actively engaged in a fast-paced environment, delivering results to clients, while staying current on the latest software engineering technologies and practices, being part of an innovative team that is customer focused and holds itself to the highest standards.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll already know how to write unit tests to validate your functionality is working as encouraged. You will be familiar with server-side Java technologies such as Tomcat, servlet, JSP and JDBC.
- Perform Full Stack development using Enterprise Java, SQL and Web programming languages
- Works within and across teams to design, Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing or new business applications
- Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team
- Build technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical improvements
- Contribute to improve roadmap and continually review existing architecture for enhancement.
- Provide mentorship to other developers in terms of technology decisions and code reviews
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation
- Ensure every coding path is unit tested and bug free
- Ensure all code conforms to software security practices and is free of security vulnerabilities
- Work with QA to build test cases and explain impacted test areas
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- 10+ years of software development experience using the following technologies:
- Java EE Technologies including JSP/Servlets
- XML, XSLT
- Database development using MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Design Skills & Tools : Model-View-Controller and Object Oriented Design
- Multithreading programming experience required (preferably in Java)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development process including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience using SDLC frameworks such as Scrum or other Agile frameworks and using tools such as JIRA to facilitate
- Experience with Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Comfortable in a Linux command-line environment
- Experience developing software for use in the financial services industry a plus
- Recent experience with data integration/architecture, enterprise information integration and/or ETL a plus
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (especially AWS) a plus
- Experience working on DevOps teams a plus
- Delivers high quality software, timely, following Broadridge SDLC processes.
- Positive working attitude
- Professional experience developing performant, scalable, complex systems
- Consistent track record of delivering projects on time and within budget, with a demonstrated focus on client satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (both written and verbal), sense of humor, and outstanding character