Director, Software Engineering
- 125 High St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. At Broadridge, we do well by doing good. Our unique culture is guided by the Service-Profit Chain—the idea that success is mutual, directly connecting employee engagement, client satisfaction, and the creation of stockholder value. We enable better financial lives by powering investing, governance, and communications for our clients, their customers, and the financial services industry.
Broadridge is growing! We are currently hiring a Director, Software Engineering. In this role, this person will work with and lead multiple agile teams. The Director, Software Engineering will help modernize legacy codebases, and implement new features adopt modern scalable, secure, resilient best practices.
As part of the team, you’ll work closely with Product leadership to understand the strategic roadmap and business goals, and then lead and mentor the engineering staff to help reach those goals. You’ll help design, prototype, and deliver “infinitely” scalable solutions. We operate in a fast-paced environment, delivering results to clients, while staying ahead of the latest technologies, being part of an innovative team that is client focused and holds itself to the highest standards.
- Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing or new business applications.
- Perform Full Stack development using Enterprise Java, SQL and Web programming languages.
- Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team.
- Build technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical enhancements.
- Contribute to technical roadmap and continually review existing architecture for improvements.
- Provide mentorship to other developers in terms of technology decisions and code reviews.
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation.
- Ensure every coding path is unit tested and bug free.
- Ensure all code conforms to software security practices and is free of security vulnerabilities.
- Work with QA to build test cases and explain impacted test areas
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
- Collaborates and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on a bold, but achievable timeline.
- Provides leadership and mentorship, while coaching, motivating, and leading team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- 10+ years of overall software development experience
- Knowledge of IT strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
- Demonstrated experience designing, and supporting enterprise scale systems that have high performance and scalability requirements
- Passion for always learning and applying new technologies to solve clients’ objectives
- Prior experience leading a software organization through transformation
- Demonstrated management experience in leading engineering teams; ability to coach and mentor resources and effectively manage and shape team and individual behaviors
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Excellent presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
- Total dedication to quality and attention to detail
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.