Quality Assurance Manager (JR1026695)
- St Catherines Court, Berkeley Pl, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1BQ, UK
Broadridge is hiring!
We have an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join an excellent team and have a meaningful impact on the Quality Engineering strategy, automation process and culture. This role is focused on building and enhancing our test automation and processes to ensure the quality of Broadridge’s internally written applications. The ideal candidate will contribute to driving the ICS Quality Transformation Strategy.
As a Quality Assurance Manager on the ICS QE leadership team, you are expected to have strong leadership skills and industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly influence and improve the current quality engineering practices followed by the team. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices, Test Automation Engineering, Test Data Management and QE Tools.
The QA Manager will serve as a transformational technical and people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on quality, automation and process scalability, and building and leading a world class technical team.
If you are interested in a leadership role where the results of your contribution will have a significant impact on the business and be highly visible to company leadership, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
- Provide leadership and oversight for a technology team of QA Analysts and Engineers through the SDLC process, guiding test planning, test execution, scheduling, resourcing and reporting.
- Lead the team to perform all levels of test including functional, system/integration, load/performance and automated regression testing
- Point of contact and liaison with all technology stakeholders to ensure streamlined processes to release new enhancements with high quality and on a timely basis.
- Help define and establish QE processes and procedures to ensure product quality by implementing objective measurements to track improvements in defect removal rates.
- Develop standardized and documented test plans, test cases, and procedures to improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Recommends adjustments, corrections or changes that improve and/or simplify the overall processing or accuracy of the products produced documents systems and review steps for redundancies.
- Manage and maintain testing environment and all applicable 3rd Party Test tool licenses.
- Partner with developers, business analysts and other members of QE team to influence early testability guidelines, ensure proper test coverage and overall system reliability, performance, and quality to better utilize a “shift left” quality philosophy
- Develop a culture (and personally emulate the values) of inter-group teamwork and cooperation
- Provide performance management to direct reports including: Coaching/training, performance reviews, team building activities, vision and values.
- Create a world class Quality Assurance team from internal resources (and by recruiting and hiring) a high-quality staff of associates.
- Hands on testing as well as managing the team and its daily responsibilities and projects
- Defines timetables and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and effort to provide QE for highly complex application systems.
- Over 5 years of solid QE experience with 3+ years of technical QE management experience
- Quality Assurance methodologies, and Quality Center, Jira and Selenium experience preferred
- Passion for driving best practices in the testing space
- Solid understanding of Release Cycle and QE/testing methodologies
- Experience working with offshore QE resources is a plus.
- ISTQB certification is a plus
- Thorough understanding of Functional, Stress, Performance and Regression testing.
- Self-starter, self-managed individual who can quickly adjust priorities and maintain productivity
- Strong analytical ability, excellent communication skills (verbal & written), team player
- Demonstrated high quality design skills and to understand overall conceptual design across integrated and multiple products.
- Ability to identify and resolve problem details associated with integrated and multiple products.
- Proficiency CICD integration and pipeline development in Jenkins, Spinnaker or other similar tools
- Experience in Gherkin (BDD /TDD)
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the quality assurance environment and communicate that knowledge to a varied audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Stronger leader willing to take challenges head on while being part of a team
- Functional Knowledge: Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Business Expertise: Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Leadership: Sr. leadership and oversight of a team of new and current team members
- Problem Solving: Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impact: Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Interpersonal Skills: Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Information Systems or related field
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."