Jaspersoft/ ETL Report/Invoice Developer (CONTRACT)
- 125 High St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit Broadridge.com/.
Broadridge is growing! We are looking for a Reports Developer who will play a vital role in the design, development, and support of an asset management fee calculation, invoicing, reconciliation, and reporting application. In order to be successful, the developer must demonstrate the knowledge and skill in designing, developing, and implementing reports for external customers in a timely and accurate manner. Candidates must possess excellent SQL skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex queries.
- Translate functional specifications and business requirements into working reports and invoices
- Support building queries to allow clients to build ad hoc reports through BI software
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to produce high quality outputs
- Show initiative by taking ownership of each project.
- Embrace an Agile approach to development, gathering feedback during the process.
- Suggest process improvements to enable quicker development cycles.
- Optimize and improve report performance
- Maintain source code control in Subversion
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment
- Timely communication of project status
- Compose and update technical specifications, installation guides, and release notes for customer-facing documents.
- Assist in training clients on report and database schema features. Update training documents as new features are added.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of report development experience using the following technologies:
- SQL Server and Oracle
- TIBCO Jaspersoft reporting software (iReport, Studio) or other reporting software such as Crystal Reports and Cognos
- Hands on experience with relational databases creating database objects and writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development and deployment
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain report logic to non-technical audience.
- Experience using different development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, and test driven development
- Adept at providing work estimates and timelines
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications.
- Prior work experience within the Financial Services Industry a plus
- Interest in data visualization and BI development
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to [email protected]