Client Relationship Manager (JR1024144)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is hiring. We are seeking a Client Relationship Representative in our Deer Park, NY office and we are excited to expand our team. In this position, you will serve as the primary point of contact to an assigned client group and work to ensure client retention and happiness through the maintenance and development of client relationships. You'll work on assigned projects of varying levels of complexity and may work on multiple projects at one time (e.g., conversions, implementations, migrations, product launches). You will follow the projects through to on-time completion using company tools. You will clearly define, establish, and implement plans to identify how client requirements will be achieved (e.g., set objectives, implement organizational development practices, implement process improvement strategies).
- Maintain exceptional client relationships; leads investigation and successfully resolves any service/delivery and/or billing issues.
- Responsible for all planning surrounding daily, month-end and annual production runs. This includes ensuring material is available, providing production with volumes and instructions, attending production planning meetings, communicating progress to the client and providing any reporting back to client Handle higher level client issues, conversation and partner concerns.
- Plan and execute strategic business reviews with strategic conversations with an emphasis on contract acumen Work with client and internal resources to implement client changes
- Ability to have client discussions at peer level and senior level Ability to assemble and present client savings, improvements and solution opportunities
- The ability to engage and manage an expanded client workload Identifies and participates in meetings to implement process improvements.
- Participates in cross functional groups that are implementing business initiatives Display a positive attitude and inspires others for greater performance Decline any decision which could breach BR standard methodology, cause harm/risk to a client or harm/overwhelm an associate. May perform other duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 2 years in a Client Services role
- Skillsets: Strong Time Management, Collaborative skills, Analytical Skills, Process Management skills, Financial Acumen
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive and high-pressure environment
- Travel may be required
- Off hour engagement when required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to problem solve and work in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Communicate effectively and efficiently across departments, with staff, senior management and clients
- Provide extraordinary client service to our clients
- An opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing organization that will guide you in developing your career.
- A widely-recognized environment valuing diversity, inclusion and community involvement.
- A platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- A strong focus on personal learning and development to help you reach your professional development goals.
- Excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits and much more.
- Competitive 401k plan with employer match and additional basic company contribution.
- Generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.