Product Owner-Marketing Communications (JR1022013)
- HOME OFFICE, Boston, MA
Product Owner-Marketing Communications
As the Marketing Communications Product Owner you will manage marketing and regulatory communications products that integrate financial services expertise, customer experience management and best-in-class marketing automation technology. You will have the opportunity deliver value to leading employer benefits, retirement, healthcare and annuity firms and contribute to the long and short-term vision for the product portfolio.
The Product Owner role will support one or more platforms, which requires participation with one or more agile scrum teams. The successful candidate will define and author stories, prioritize the backlog and streamline the execution of program priorities. The candidate will partner with business teams and market-facing product managers to design and implement features that deliver value to internal and external clients. You will have the opportunity to learn and adapt product management practices and pave the way for future and ongoing product growth across a multitude of stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Represent clients’ interests in the delivery of new product implementation and ongoing product management initiatives through collaboration with market-facing product managers
- Utilize and refine rigorous product management processes for the frequent, reliable and continuous release of value-added solutions
- Define and prioritize epics, user stories, enabler stories and improvement stories in the backlog, providing clear articulation for team planning, estimation and sequencing
- Participate in the development of story acceptance criteria and support acceptance test-driven development, including validation that delivery complies with its Definition of Done (DoD)
- Contribute to the development and communication of product roadmap(s) and content presentations
- Lead team demonstrations to program stakeholders and assist in the preparation for and contribute to retrospectives.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience within Asset Management, Retirement, Healthcare or Annuity industries required
- Two years of financial services industry experience preferred
- Two years of Agile experience preferred
- Mindset that encourages collaboration, self-organization, accountability and a drive to deliver high-quality products
- Value collaborative teamwork analysis, design and execution for high-impact product, project, or process initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Advanced degree(s) or applicable credentials or designations a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and drive for results
- Proven Content Management, Digital Marketing, Product Management, or Project Management experience
- Ability to collaborate and influence in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify gaps and risks, and take pre-emptive actions to address them
- Demonstrated technical and financial aptitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum; Knowledge of SAFe would be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical writing & visualization skills
- Strong execution and delivery skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines