Senior Director, Software Engineering (JR1017243)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY 11717, USA
Broadridge is hiring! We currently have an opening for a Senior Director of Software Engineering to join our growing team based out of our Deer Park, NY office. This is a phenomenal time to be a part of our creative and innovative development efforts supporting our digital strategy.
- You'll be the first line of management: assign work, monitor and verify code, and ensure timely completion of work you're leading
- You will provide mentorship and guidance to remote development teams
- Help create and drive product roadmaps through a fast, agile, and reliable delivery process, while ensuring a consistently high-quality product
- Critically evaluate and translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise software architecture, which guides software development and consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- You'll design and deliver robust, scalable and secure cloud products that reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability of a cloud infrastructure
- Implement engineering methodology, review engineering design packages and code, working towards minimizing technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Set direction, build consensus, mediate conflicts, and create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
- Evangelize excellence in application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards
- You will maintain a keen awareness and curiosity of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to service offerings.
- Collaborate with other architects and developers on detailed software design
- You'll participate in enhancement and of the code framework and standards to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of products/features.
- Promote modern principles for product/feature development (DevOps, CD/CI, Agile/Scrum, Test Driven Development, Object-Oriented design, coding standards, and more)
- You will assess and implement new software development tools and processes to enhance product/feature development efficiency
- Consistent track record in evangelizing and implementing modern architectures based on open source and commercial software.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent subject area
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or equivalent hands-on technical application architecture/management experience
- Solid experience in Java
- Experience with Angular or equivalent SPA technology
- Solid experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Database design including tuning query performance
- Solid understanding of API integration, including authentication concepts, HTTP requests/responses, API tools such as Postman or Fiddler, etc.
- Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Good understanding of branching strategies and source control management
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience in full life cycle architectural guidance
- Passion for phenomenal, simple, clean, efficient code
- Experience as a lead-level technologist, mentor, or manager of staff.
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Excellent social and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding attitude and energy