Business Analyst / Technical Product Owner (JR1016741)
- St. Catherine's Court, Bristol, United Kingdom
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit https://www.broadridge.com/.
Please note this role is based in the Bristol office.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and prioritising stories and epics which are aligned with the vision and strategy of the solutions owner.
- Maintaining a healthy backlog of prioritised, sprint ready user stories.
- Reducing complexity and making requirements clear to developers such that stories are “sprint ready”.
- Supporting the team in the refinement of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Performing the role of Technical Product Owner for the Scrum Team, ensuring alignment to technology strategy and goals, communicating stakeholder vision/direction and taking the lead in technology-led initiatives
- Developing documentation in support of delivery efforts, operational readiness and handover to BAU
- Helping to structure releases and test plans to ensure there is early, incremental, and regular realisation of value to the business
- Ensuring the team produce high quality estimates and holds the team to account to deliver
- Participating in Scrum Team rituals (daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives)
- Assisting the Scrum Master in resolving or mitigating impediments
- Ensuring the developed product is fit for purpose, meets defined quality and security standards and can be supported operationally
- Supporting the evolution of business analysis/product ownership standards within FCS
- Supporting the Sales Process, for example through contributing to RFPs and working with Clients, Business Development and Solutions Product Owners to help define and shape future solutions
What we are looking for Essential:
- Being able to demonstrate capability as a Business Analyst and Technical Product Owner within an Agile environment
- Someone who is versatile, able to work in different settings at different paces as the job demands.
- Someone who is able to manage complexity - a fast learner, able to understand new, complex topics quickly and break them down into simple steps
- Being able to manage a workload in an efficient and timely manner, yet confident to respond to changing business needs
- Someone who is keen to understand the commercial context of decision making and find ways seek out customer needs
- A proven experience of managing stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - Willingness to learn, share and develop knowledge and skills and to support the development of others
- Excellent attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with and managing external clients
- A proactive, resourceful problem solver with a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence
- Degree or equivalent
- A recognised qualification in Business Analysis
- Formal Agile/Scrum accreditation
- Proven ability to document effective user stories
- Experienced gained in the Finance Sector, ideally as a Business Analyst
- Experience working with technology and having an appreciation of digital products and front-end web tools
- Competent user of requirements management and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."