A/R ANALYST (JR1016802)
- 2601 14th Avenue, Markham, Canada
JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Analyst – Full time
REPORTING TO: Supervisor, Credit & Collections
The Accounts Receivable Analyst will be responsible for working as a proactive problem solver with a focus on execution, accountability, and ownership. They will support project initiatives and monitor collections activity and AR sub ledger accounting in order to mitigate risk, improve profitability, minimize costs, and create efficiencies for the organization. They will also be gathering and analyzing data, and relationship building through sound business decisions that protect the integrity of the accounts receivable.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related study
- 3+ years of related experience in a Credit and Collections position.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with excellent follow-up skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with clients and associates at all levels
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Oracle experience is a plus
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Development of relationships with portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Liaison between clients and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of invoices, responses to client inquiries, requests, requirements, and coordination of payment of invoices based on established payment terms.
Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to assigned clients.
Negotiating settlements within assigned guidelines.
- Work as a self-directed problem solver, with a focus on execution, accountability, and ownership.
Create and generate analytics by using mathematical analysis, judgment and business knowledge to create recommended sub ledger activity and other financial transactions.
Ensure compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements, regulations from the SEC, and client contracts by interpreting circumstances, recommending key controls and/or other solutions to management, writing narratives for new processes, implementing any necessary processes to support the designed controls and ensuring controls are met by junior staff.
Propose sub ledger entries, reserves, and reconciliation of cash deposits leveraging multiple internal and external systems, as well as reviewing/evaluating current circumstances, applying business knowledge, and exercising judgment based upon current conditions and perceived risk
- Project management functions, including but not limited to visiting other locations to understand and document the current state processes and propose future state processes which will require cross-functional coordination, followed by supporting the execution of the determined future state.
These projects may include but are not limited to Oracle enhancement, .NET solutions, acquisition integrations, and initiatives to improve metrics and reduce costs.
Identify trends in processes and provide proposals on efficiencies that can be utilized through improved workflows between internal departments; implement the newly defined processes where applicable.
Support projects and initiatives
Review existing processes (non-Oracle and Oracle;) evaluate and recommend opportunities to enhance processes and procedures
- Research and provide direction on complex issues with internal partners and responding to customer, client, and/or internal client requests via telephone and/or email by evaluating available information, including client contract specifics, and offering recommendations to those issues and at times implementing solutions
Communicating effectively with peers and leaders in related functional areas in order to ensure client satisfaction consistent with company values.
Managing all aspects impacting the order to cash cycle; from sales contracts, relationship management, production, client services, billing and cash applications.
May require change management to systems outside of Financial Operations scope; including production and ordering systems
- Assessing financial risk and minimize the organization’s and clients’ exposure or liabilities by recommending and implementing solutions to minimize the identified risks
- Provide proactive and timely training and guidance to team members to ensure professionalism and adequate performance. Training includes developing training manuals, writing procedure documents, and training associates in both local offices and offices in remote locations.