Revenue Analyst (JR1015384)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is growing! We are actively recruiting for a Revenue Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will be directly responsible for gathering, analyzing, establishing, and reevaluating accounting and revenue management functions through sound business decisions that protect the integrity of Broadridge reported financials. You will work very closely with Sales and Client Services while overseeing the Financial Operations process. This process includes the invoice creation, distribution, receipt of payment, and client experience across multiple products. The primary responsibility of the Revenue Analyst will be accurate and timely process completion, locating efficiencies, and effectively communicating and resolving client inquiries.
Do you want to join a creative and dynamic organization? See how you can contribute to the success of our organization below.
In this role you will...
• Collect, compile, prepare and analyze data from multiple systems, to process revenue entries, journal entries, and other financial transactions and invoices
• Follow established procedures to minimize the organization’s and client’s exposure or liabilities
• Ensure compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements, SEC as well as International Finance regulations
• Possess the ability to recognize and troubleshoot issues with daily procedures
• Be accountable for daily workflow and assigned tasks
• Assist in preparation of general ledger entries and calculation of month-end accruals, amortizations, and revenue deferrals
• Research issues with internal partners and respond to customer, client and/or internal client requests via telephone and/or email
• Obtain relevant business knowledge and learn about the various products across the organization
• Be responsible for learning, understanding, and ensuring compliance with all applicable Broadridge policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, related field or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years financial analysis experience required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- General Finance or Accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively and concisely, demonstrate high level of personal accountability, lead collaboratively, and apply critical thinking and sound judgment when faced with unstructured situations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Since 2015, Broadridge has consistently been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2020 marks the 13th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, matching gift program, and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.