Credit Analyst (JR1015272)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is growing! Our team is hiring for a Credit Analyst to join our global Finance organization in our Deer Park, Long Island office. In this role, you will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, establishing and reevaluating of credit through sound business decisions that protect the integrity of the accounts receivable (balance sheet). Working as a self-directed problem solver, with a focus on execution, accountability, and ownership, you will support project initiatives, and monitor all Month End Close activities, cash application, lockbox, AR processing, and collections activity in order to mitigate risk, maximize profitability, minimize costs, and create efficiencies for the organization.
If you have a passion for finance and want to join a fast-growing and dynamic organization we urge you to read below to see how you can make an immediate impact with Broadridge!
- Creating and generating analytics by utilizing mathematical analysis, judgment and business knowledge in order build recommended journal entry activity, other financial transactions, and providing guidance to the business.
- Ensuring compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements, regulations from the SEC, and client contracts by interpreting circumstances, recommending key controls and/or other solutions to management, writing narratives for new processes, implementing any necessary processes to support the designed controls and ensuring controls are met by junior staff.
- Creating/proposing monthly general ledger entries, reserves and reconciliation of cash deposits, sub ledger activities, by reviewing/evaluating current circumstances, applying business knowledge, and exercising judgment based upon current conditions and perceived risk.
- Project management functions, including but not limited to documenting the current state processes and propose future state processes which will require cross-functional coordination, followed by supporting the execution of the determined future state. These projects may include but are not limited to Oracle enhancements, .net solutions, acquisition integrations, and initiatives to improve metrics and reduce costs.
- Identifying trends in processes and providing proposals on efficiencies that can be utilized through improved workflows between internal departments; implementing the newly defined processes where applicable.
- Reviewing existing processes (non-Oracle and Oracle); evaluating and recommending opportunities to enhance processes and procedures.
- Researching complex issues with internal partners and responding to client/customer requests via telephone and/or email by evaluating available information, including client contract specifics, and offering recommendations and at times implementing solutions.
- Managing all aspects impacting the order to cash cycle; from sales contracts, relationship management, production, client services, billing, and cash applications.
- May require change management to systems outside of Financial Operations scope; including production and ordering systems.
- Communicating effectively with peers and leaders in related functional areas in order to ensure client happiness consistent with what we value.
- Ensuring data and analytics are presented in a structured and easy to understand manner including recommendations and actionable insights for management based upon the analysis performed. Effectively communicating findings to peers, leaders, and clients.
- Providing proactive and timely training and guidance to team members to ensure professionalism and adequate performance. Training includes developing training manuals, writing procedure documents, and training associates in both local offices and offices in remote locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or general business area
- 2-3 years' experience within Financial Operations, Client Services and/or Accounting related functions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Detailed oriented, highly organized, with excellent time management and follow up skills
- Since 2015, Broadridge has consistently been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2020 marks the 13th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, matching gift program, and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.