Financial Analyst (JR1013425)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance team in Deer Park. In this role, you will prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g. balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements, compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries into accounts (such as general ledger accounts), and document business transactions.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team in a position with strong growth potential? If so, we urge you to read below to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution with us!
- Applying basic accounting and finance principles, theories and concepts while performing specific tasks such as month end closing, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring documentation of accounting policies and procedures is current and applications are applied.
- Assisting in preparation of corporate deliverables (Analyst call package, quarterly and year end tax packages, ad hoc requests, etc).
- Assisting in conducting SOX testing, preparation of ad hoc analysis to various P&L and operational metrics and providing support to various special projects that are designed to increase net operating income or promote operational efficiency.
- Working with business partners and the FP&A group on a monthly and quarterly basis for month end and quarter end reporting.
- Using general knowledge of internal controls over financial statements.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred but not required
- Since 2015, Broadridge has consistently been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2020 marks the 13th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, matching gift program, and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.