Junior Operations & Technology Auditor (Audit - JR1012919)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge continues to grow! We are seeking a Jr. Auditor to join our Corporate Internal Audit team. In this role, you will support operational, IT, and integrated audits of business units, activities, and functions - reporting directly to VP of Corporate Audit. You will develop audit programs, perform moderate to large audits with moderate to high complexity, and perform special reviews as requested.
Specific areas of focus within the Infrastructure IT Audit Team portfolio include: IT operations, change, problem & incident management, IT asset management, platform engineering and support, IT governance, data storage and transmission management, and IT end-user support services and tools.
This is an excellent opportunity to build your audit knowledge by working with a skilled team who is passionate about associate development!
Are you a self-starter, looking to join a growing organization? If so, we encourage you to read below to learn how you can make an immediate impact with Broadridge.
- Assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Reviewing processes and practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Mapping risks and controls that could adversely impact business results or weaken control levels.
- Presenting audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing audit reports and review findings with Corporate Audit management and audit clients. Developing and presenting recommendations, which resolve or prevent errors and improve controls within the audited entity.
- Conducting preliminary surveys of audit areas to assess risk and define scope; prepare planning memos; Audit Engagement Kick-Off and Exit Meeting presentations.
- Preparing and assembling work papers by documenting audit tests and findings. Following up and reporting on the status of outstanding audit recommendations from prior audits.
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and cultures.
- Skill in identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities, and to clearly convey information to a variety of individuals.
- Ability to use effective and efficient approaches for choosing a course of action and take action that is consistent with available facts; removing obstacles and supporting the team to achieve success.
- Ability to build solid relationships with clients, including approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear results of audit issues identified and negotiate agreeable remediation plans.
- Strong project management skills, including handling the whole audit lifecycle, participating in multiple audits or projects at the same time, and managing time effectively.
- Skill with MS office software. Working knowledge of data analytics and statistical tools a plus.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant business or internship experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or other technical degree required, advanced degree helpful.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is ideal. In the absence of a relevant certification, you should be willing and able to gain such a qualification.
Additional info: This role will sit in Newark, NJ. The role will require 20% travel, both international and domestic. It will require frequent local visits to our NYC and Long Island offices.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.