Junior Internal Process Auditor (Audit - R1012918)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Jr. Auditor to join our Corporate Internal Audit team. In this role, you will support financial, operational and integrated audits of business units, activities, and functions - reporting directly to VP of Corporate Audit. You will develop audit programs, perform moderate to large audits with moderate to high complexity, and perform special reviews as requested.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to build your audit knowledge by working with a skilled team who is focused on associate development.
Are you a self-starter, looking for a growing and multifaceted firm where you can make an immediate impact? If so, we encourage you to read below!
- Assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Reviewing processes and practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Mapping risks and controls that could adversely impact business results or weaken control levels.
- Presenting audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing audit reports and review findings with Corporate Audit management and audit clients. Developing and communicating recommendations, which resolve or prevent errors and improve controls within the audited entity.
- Conducting preliminary surveys of audit areas to assess risk and define scope; prepare planning memos; Audit Engagement Kick-Off and Exit Meeting presentations.
- Preparing and assembling work papers by documenting audit tests and findings. Following up and reporting on the status of outstanding audit recommendations from prior audits.
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and cultures.
- Skill in identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities, and to clearly convey information to a variety of individuals.
- Ability to use effective and efficient approaches for choosing a course of action and take action that is consistent with available facts; removing obstacles and supporting the team to achieve success.
- Ability to build solid relationships with clients, including approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear results of audit issues identified and negotiate agreeable remediation plans.
- Strong project management skills, including managing the whole audit lifecycle, participating in multiple audits or projects at the same time, and managing time effectively.
- Skill with MS office software. Working knowledge of data analytics and statistical tools a plus.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant internal audit, financial, or related business or internship experience; 2+ years of public accounting experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, advance degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly desirable.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is ideal. In the absence of a relevant certification, you should be willing and able to gain such a qualification.
Additional info: This role will sit in Newark, NJ. The role will require 20% travel, both international and domestic. It will require frequent local visits to our NYC and Long Island offices.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.