Senior System Administrator (JR1012975)
- No. 5 Dundrum Business Park,, Dublin, Ireland
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
6 Month Contract
- Lead technology discussions at a high level with Infrastructure Technology leads, Architects, subject matter experts in varying aspects of technology stacks.
- You will have oversight and provide in-depth knowledge of High Availability, Disaster recovery, diagnostics & forensics, troubleshooting aspects, vulnerability management, patching, incident management, problem management, change management and project management in a technology role
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues pursuant within the Technology Services team and lead Performance troubleshooting and capacity planning efforts
- Effectively manage work efforts and critical activities from external service providers, such as data center and network providers, as well as internal technology teams, through resolving issues and appropriately escalating to ensure activities stay on track
- Work with system hardware vendors for ongoing support issues, release schedules, and general system administration issues.
- Support development and professional services teams in system environments designed for product development, solution configuration, customer user acceptance testing, and QA testing
- Work with development teams to define, architect and deploy Linux-based tools to support development, QA, UAT, and professional services team's requirements
- Ability to align with and directly service internal business units and external clients and interact with business unit executives and project management to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced.
- Support out-of-hours weekday or weekend issues or events
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to manage costs and programs to budgets developed in conjunction with senior leadership. Ability to innovate and constantly improve costs in the interests of the business.
- Manage IT spend to effectively meet enterprise IT objectives, architectural standards, and support requirements within the constraints of operational and project budgets
- Work with the IT teams to ensure the needs of infrastructure are prioritized and aligned with both enterprise and business plans
- Maintain alignment with the business technology architecture and overall strategic goals and objectives
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
- Strong knowledge in Windows Infrastructure architecture, installation and maintenance and ability to tune hardware and software with broad knowledge of deployments
- Technical understanding of Windows/Red Hat Operating Systems, Network, Storage, VMWare and MS SQL databases in large datacenter environments. Ability to monitor operating software and associated components
- Relevant experience, including data center and network operations, storage, telecommunications and 24x7 operations
- Experience of working with outsourced technology
- Strong operations and service delivery skills, with both onshore and offshore team members
- Prior experience working within a matrixed managed organization, across multiple time zones.
- Strong communication skills that enable the individual to appropriately communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Functional understanding of project management principles
- Ability to work with cross functional project teams implementing projects of a complex nature
- Strong upward communication and capability to communicate effectively
- Strong leadership qualities and self-motivated
- Ability to understand and challenge the detail
- Ability to thrive in a pressured and demanding environment