Senior Operations & Technology Auditor (JR1012919)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is growing. Our mission is to attract, develop and retain outstanding talent. Being a place where exceptionally driven and talented people want to work is how we deliver award-winning services to our customers and ultimately build customer value. Are you a self-starter, looking for a growing and dynamic firm where you can make an immediate impact? If so, we urge you to read below.
Support operational, IT, and integrated audits of business units, activities, and functions - reporting directly to VP of Corporate Audit. Perform the following with little or no supervision from a designated audit project manager:
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Review processes and practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Map risks and controls that could adversely impact business results or weaken control levels.
- Interact with senior and middle management, as well as internal and external peers.
- Successfully complete audit assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues.
- Prepare audit reports and review findings with Corporate Audit management and audit clients.
- Develop and communicate recommendations, which resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Conduct preliminary surveys of audit areas to assess risk and define scope; prepare planning memos; Audit Engagement Kick-Off and Exit Meeting presentations.
- Develop audit programs and planning documents ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas.
- Prepare and assemble work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Follow up and report on the status of outstanding audit recommendations from prior audits.
- Assure that all work is performed according to IIA Standards.
- Perform moderate to large audits with moderate to high complexity and perform special reviews as requested.
- Use appropriate data analytic and statistical tools and techniques to analyze a variety of data sources.
- Specific areas of focus within the Infrastructure IT Audit Team portfolio include: IT operations, including service availability management, system monitoring and batch processing; Change, problem & incident management; IT asset management and inventories; Platform engineering and support for midrange and distributed platforms, including configuration, build, vulnerability and patch management; IT governance, including strategic design, executive reporting and process management; Data storage and transmission management; IT end-user support services and tools, including work-station, messaging and mobile technologies.
- Adjust quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and cultures.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Clearly convey information and ideas in a manner that helps the target audience (which includes senior management) to understand and retain information.
- Write reports, memos, and other business correspondence in a logical, clear and grammatically correct manner.
- Use effective and efficient approaches for choosing a course of action and take action that is consistent with available facts.
- Remove obstacles and support the team to achieve success.
- Define and document project objectives and deliverables.
- Continuously obtain and assess any information that may affect a project and adjust the tasks and/or objectives as needed.
- Improve and enhance technical proficiency by completing 40 credit hours of applicable training courses per year.
- Ability to build solid relationships with clients, including approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear results of audit issues identified and negotiate agreeable remediation plans.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presenting, listening, and interviewing skills.
- Strong project management skills, including managing the whole audit lifecycle, participating in multiple audits or projects at the same time, and managing time effectively.
- In Depth understanding of standard office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of data analytics and statistical tools a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or other technical degree required, advanced degree recommended
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred – in the absence of a relevant qualification, the candidate should be willing and able to gain such a qualification.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- This role will sit in Newark, NJ. The role will require 20% travel, both international and domestic. It will require frequent local visits to our NYC and Long Island offices.