Accounting Analyst (CPA) (JR1006784)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking an Accounting Analyst (CPA) to join our team in Newark. This role supports the Global Technology and Operations (“GTO”) segment accounting team.. You will apply subject matter knowledge and will be responsible for all accounting aspects of the monthly book close including: related process, policies, procedures, systems, compliance, controls and reporting. You would also be responsible for reconciling accounts, post journal entries, and maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
You will work on problems of large scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. You will build productive internal/external working relationships and conduct tasks and assignments as directed.
Are you passionate about finance and want to work with a team with strong growth potential for motivated, dedicated associates? If so, we urge you to read below to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic team!
- Use proficient knowledge of applicable financial principles, theories and concepts, and U.S. GAAP to perform activities such as monthly closing and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform monthly close of various businesses including analysis, posting of entries and review of results.
- Assist management with various special projects or analyses.
- Maintain internal controls as required by SOX and suggest control improvements.
- Handle the overall monthly book close process including journal entry approval.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial package for management, special analyses and reports for user departments, high risk P&L account reconciliations (e.g. postage),
- Coordinate with FP&A to develop an understanding of the business and interpret results.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in audit and/or general accounting
- CPA or candidate preferred
- Proficiency in Oracle, TM1, or other reporting tools is a plus
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”