Financial Analyst - Asset Management (JR1011563)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team in Newark. This role supports the Investor Communication Solutions segment accounting team. You would also be responsible for reconciling accounts, post journal entries, and maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
The Associate Financial Analyst would also work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. You will build productive internal/external working relationships and conduct tasks and assignments as directed. Working under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
Are you passionate about finance and want to work with a team with strong growth potential for motivated, dedicated associates? If so, we urge you to read below to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic team!
- Use proficient knowledge of applicable financial principles, theories and concepts, and U.S. GAAP to perform activities such as monthly closing and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform monthly close of various businesses including analysis, posting of entries and review of results.
- Assist management with various special projects or analyses.
- Maintain internal controls as required by SOX and suggest control improvements.
- Responsible for accounting for the following: Fixed Asset, Prepaid, Intangible, Facilities lease, Project.
- Build relationships with various business partners and be an overall good representative of the department.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial package for management, special analyses and reports for user departments, high risk P&L account reconciliations (e.g. postage),
- Coordinate with FP&A to develop an understanding of the business and interpret results.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance with 1-5 years' relevant Internship or work experience
- Working on a CPA is desirable