Business Support Assistant (JR1009062)
- 193 Thames Quay, Marsh Wall, Isle of Dogs, London E14 9SG, UK
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimising efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 11,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Main tasks and duties
- Morning delivery of newspapers and milk
- Sorting and distributing of incoming mail – assist colleagues in handling high volume mail outs at busy times
- Project an excellent telephone manner and handle a busy switchboard with smooth efficient announcing and transferring of incoming calls using an Akkadian console
- Be the first point of contact; for staff, visitors and new starters,
- including sending out welcome e-mails and creating access cards
- Organise client visits & visitor parking spaces – daily monitoring of car park usage
- Daily and ad-hoc maintenance of the coffee machines
- Manage and facilitate the meeting room booking system & setting-up rooms & arrange refreshments when required
- Respond to Business Support issues raised in London helpdesk system
- Replacement of printer toner cartridges & emptying shredders
- Ensure the overseas visitors list, post list and all other business support documentation is kept current and up to date
- Coordinate/arrange check-ins at the company apartments & arrange airport transfers for International staff and cars for associates on request
- Book travel for London based staff
- Organise in land/ global couriers – FedEx couriers for the Finance team, logistic assistance for the Marketing team & ensure all couriered signed for mail is logged
- Assist Technical Services Team with workstation set up for new starters
- Setting up courses on Broadridge University
- Update and manage SharePoint 2013 local intranet & updating SharePoint pages: e.g. travel and accommodation, health and safety, facilities etc.
- Apply and monitor the process of Visa Applications for UK based staff & collate Visa Invitation letters for overseas staff
- Assist with health and safety monitoring and carry out workstation assessments flagged up in DSE
- Some light maintenance/DIY tasks
- Organise Friday treats for the company
- Generally assist the Business Support Manager and the Business Support Supervisor
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2013 desirable although not essential, training will be given
- Experience of working within an office environment is desirable
- Organisational skills
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- “Can do” attitude
- Ability to deal with staff at all levels
- Ability to prioritise own work load
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."