Corporate Accounting Intern (JR1010442)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is currently seeking sharp, business minded Accounting students to join our Corporate Finance team this summer. You will be reporting directly to the Vice President of our Accounting & Finance team providing support during the month end process. You should have a fundamental understanding of GAAP accounting and the ability to manage projects.
Through this internship you will gain an in-depth understanding of the organization through mentored work experience and training seminars. This is a rare and unique opportunity that will provide invaluable experience to students wishing to pursue their CPA.
Broadridge's Internship program offers you a summer of growth while working on a range of business assignments, while utilizing the skills you have developed, enabling you to match your interests to a real job. Our objective is to equip you with a hands-on work experience while providing the core values and skills necessary for a successful career. During your internship, you will professionally network and build strong business relationships that will be beneficial towards a lucrative future. The mentorship you will receive from highly engaged management teams will provide you with the industry knowledge and support associates obtain by being a member the Broadridge family.
This Internship will give you the opportunity to explore Broadridge as a potential employer upon graduation. This is an exciting opportunity for you to learn more about the rapidly growing financial technology area. For the right candidate, the role could continue past Summer of 2019.
- Monitoring key balance sheet accounts for all balance sheet organizations
- Directly supporting the VP of General Accounting and Finance
- Oversee and maintain annual reporting deliverables that support footnote disclosure in 10K
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis on a timely basis
- Handling monthly close process changes impacting the chart of accounts
- Coordinating the collection of year-end schedules and audit requests
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors for quarterly and year-end annual audit requests
- Undergraduate students working towards a Bachelor's degree in their sophomore or junior year of study. The ideal candidate will have the chance return next summer.
- Accounting major with dreams of becoming a CPA
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and summarize data for management review
- Requires data analysis and strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Proficiency using Oracle Financials, IBM TM1, or other reporting tools is a plus
- Attention to detail in a face-paced work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and a real passion for learning about the FinTech industry