Medical Assistant (JR1010344)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
We are currently seeking a trained Medical Assistant to join our team in our on-site clinic in Deer Park! Our medical facilities are staffed with highly trained personnel and are fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic equipment. Professional services include: acute care for illness and injuries, annual physical examinations, vaccinations, health screenings, full service laboratory, prescriptions, workspace ergonomic evaluations, health education/counseling, and various other physician services.
As our Medical Assistant, you will provide clinical office support to medical professional staff (MD, PA and RN) and perform patient care and administrative duties necessary to deliver quality patient care. Are you looking to put your skills to work with a dynamic team that is highly valued by associates? If so, this is your chance!
- Checking schedules and coordinating patient flow. Accompaning patients to exam/procedure room. Providing set-up of examination room and instruments. Obtaining vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, height and weight and notifying clinical staff of any abnormalities.
- Collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing such as urinalysis, rapid strep, rapid flu, monospot, guaiac testing, fingerstick glucose, urine BHCG. Must be proficient in phlebotomy.
- Performing EKG, pulmonary function testing, vision testing (Snellen chart), audiometry, body fat analysis, ABI.
- Maintaining cleanliness of exam rooms and laboratory.
- Utilizing the electronic medical record to update pertinent patient information and scanning medical documents.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Performing appointment scheduling and registration for patients as well as updating patient demographic and insurance information.
- Initiating patient call-backs.
- Preparing patient consent and lab forms as required for annual physicals.
- Medical Assistant training; license or certification as Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA preferred but not required)
- Experience working in a primary care medical office desirable
Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM Monday - Friday (35 hours/week)
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.