Contract Business Analyst (JR1009674)
- #600, 510 Burrard, Vancouver, Canada
- Interview front office and back office customer users to identify business problems and requirements of new software.
- Interview other Broadridge employees (and possibly third parties such as CDS, TSX/ Examiners, etc.) to obtain further insight into business problems.
- Analyze conflicting requirements from different users, prioritize them, and develop business oriented software requirements.
- Liaise with the development team on the initiatives provided to you and lead the development priorities for your defined product areas.
- Document and present the results of the above processes in a form that is meaningful to customers and the development team.
- Monitor the Systems Development process (DRF System) and resolve any oversights or ambiguities in the original specification.
- Unit test all new programs initiated by the development team.
- Review the finished product with customers and confirm that all business requirements have been met.
- Monitor production installation over time to ensure successful use of new software.
- Lead focus group and information sessions to ensure successful use of new software.
- Present your product at internal information sessions.
- Provide problem solving for client reported issues with the application
•University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent experience
•Training in system integration life cycle methodology
•CFA designation or enrollment beneficial
•Design Skills, data modeling, process modeling, knowledge of prototyping
•Proficiency in MS Office suite of applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
•Knowledge of MS Access, SQL, and/or OpenEdge ABL (PROGRESS) would be beneficial
•Testing; development of functional business test cases, building test plans
•Business skills; financial/brokerage experience and specifically, the securities industry, problem identification including business impact, business processes and procedures, cost/benefit analysis.
Years of Experience:
•Approximately 5 years experience in the financial/brokerage industry, CSC or IFIC certification
•Analytical and interpersonal skills including building consensus, negotiation and facilitation
•Strong communication skills: client interviewing, business writing, developing and delivering presentations
•Training skills; development and delivery of training