HR Representative (REF3765E)
- 283 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge keeps growing! We are actively seeking a Human Resources Representative to join our team. This position can be located in either our Wheat Ridge, CO or Newark, NJ office.
As our HR Representative, you will provide human resources support, via phone, case management, and email, to associates, managers, and HR. You'll research and resolve questions about policies, processes and transactions, as well as utilize knowledge of HR systems to process appropriately and as needed. You will also work on HR and payroll related activities.
Would you like to join a fast-growing and dynamic organization? If you want to be a part of a hardworking organization where you will make a difference we urge you to read below to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution to our team.
- Ensuring that all associate HR inquiries are executed in a timely and accurate manner service. Assessing situations, applying good judgement and use troubleshooting skills to assist associates and act as a liaison to deliver an excellent client experience. Identifying, understanding and integrating associate needs into day-to-day decision-making and projects, and handling advanced issues through resolution.
- Working on projects and transactions related to HR subject areas such as: HR Policy, data transactions and audits, verifications of employment, paycheck/taxes, deductions, time & attendance, LOAs/Workers’ Comp, on & offboarding, acquisitions, reports and analytics, learning administration, personnel files, benefit programs, etc.
- Partnering with other groups within the HR Help Desk to ensure timely associate resolution; liaising with HR Business Partners and Centers of Expertise (COEs) to make sure service level objectives are met.
- Preparing ad hoc reports, accumulating accurate and detailed statistics of daily, weekly, and monthly metrics for reporting purposes.
- Conducting audits of the various HR processes in the Service Center.
- Staying current on HR related state and federal laws.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Customer service experience is a requirement
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize multiple issues simultaneously and problem solve
- Intermediate MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.
*no agency calls please*
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”