Sr. Server Engineer (REF3745N)
- 283 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the -EEO is the Law- poster.
-Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity - Inclusion.
Diverse - Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.-
Broadridge is hiring a Sr. Server Engineer in our Newark, NJ location to help us to move to cloud based monitoring. You will independently support all facets of synthetic script creation using Vugen with good technical skills around HP BSM supporting infrastructure, application and integration with third party tools, including CA SOI.
Are you looking to join a growing and diverse team and contribute to a dynamic firm? If so, we urge you to continue reading below.
- You will install and manage Server Operating Systems and software applications
- You will also administer and support systems monitoring applications for the enterprise along with proactive monitoring and alerting of system issues
- Review system requirements and application dependencies and determine monitoring configuration needed
- Administer and manage key performance metrics relating to critical business applications
- Build and publish health dashboards and reports on system utilization used for capacity planning and trend analysis
- Author tool maintenance and training documentation as well as support requests for training on tool usage
- Build system availability and application response time reports used for measuring service levels
- Document monitoring configuration and incorporate into turnover documentation for Operations staff
- Diagnose system problems and interact with other technology professionals in resolving root cause in a timely manner
- Support monitoring applications 7x24x365 to ensure they are providing monitoring and alerting services for critical applications
- You will be instrumental in server management applications by configuring compliance and audit reports that reveal configuration drift of key objects of an application running on a distributed system.
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft SCOM.
- 5-8 years strong hands-on experience installing, integrating, managing and maintaining Hewlett Packard's Business Service Management (BSM), Business Process Monitor (BPM) tool administration and support, familiarity with Extrahop and AWS EC2 monitoring.
- Deep understanding of Run-Time settings and Recording options in VuGen, as well as various protocols in Vugen
- Solid skills in any one programming language, preferably C
- You have knowledge of Unix/Linux as well as MS SCOM
- Experience writing VuGen, shell, perl, WMI or VBS scripts
- Good Project management and ability to provide technical guidance to a team
- Knowledge of Windows/Unix, WEB-environments and WEB based applications, network protocols
- ITSM/ITIL knowledge in Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Excellent communication and written interpersonal skills at all levels #LI-AS1
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.