Associate Auditor (JR1010231)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is growing! We're currently recruiting for an Associate Auditor to join our diverse team in Deer Park, NY. In this role you will be responsible for the validation of requests for outgoing correspondence, account maintenance, and financial updates received from shareholders through multiple mediums.
- The Associate Auditor may assist in the development of new procedures that ensure the accuracy of our voting process, as well as provide training and ongoing Associate feedback.
- Conduct audit testing of specified proxy voting and reporting processes, perform audits of proxy contests, completion of special projects as requested, analysis and interpretation of proxy voting results (including un-voted proxies, proxy coding errors, etc,).
- Continuous interaction and output in a team environment, identify reportable issues and potential risk and communicate findings to management.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and complete tasks within established time constraints, and interact closely with various levels of staff and management.
- Assist in managing procedures and documentation to ensure that Vote Audit is aligned with ISO and Sarbanes Oxley, as well as Broadridge corporate policies, and SEC and NYSE regulations.
- Analyze and verify that votes sampled were processed correctly. Also, help prepare daily vote auditing statistics.
- Aid in training of other Vote Audit associates.
- Document and resolve any errors discovered during the audit process. Review assigned domestic, contest and special processing voting prior to vote issuance, and work with client services to ensure appropriate documentation has been received.
- The validation of Beneficial & Registered reconciliations and the Vote Report set-up. Ascertain voting is processed accurately and within defined guidelines and our electronic voting systems are processing votes properly.
- Execute daily audits of the proxy voting process, and ensure votes are updated properly on the Proxy Plus System.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors in their reviews of the voting process. May perform other duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to analyze and understand complex transactions.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Auditing, Accounting or Quality Assurance..
- Knowledge of advanced Excel formulas and v-lookups with the ability to build charts, pivot tables and macros.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and organizational skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask, and recognize the importance of deadlines.