Senior Systems Engineer - Service Delivery (JR1009509)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is hiring a Sr. Service Delivery Engineer in our Deer Park (Long Island) office! Are you passionate about new and innovative technology solutions? If you're looking to join a growing and diverse team and contribute to a dynamic firm based in our Boston location, we encourage you to continue reading below.
- You will participate with other team members to design, implement and support our growing demand Docker Enterprise Platform.
- You will administer *NIX, Linux-based servers, perform software installation, server maintenance.
- Build and maintain documentations, procedures and turnover document for the supporting products.
- Work directly with the business partner and project management team to provide project status on a weekly basis
- Provide support as needed and able to work under pressure while working on production issues
- Perform and participate annual system readiness, capacity planning and provide recommendation to ensure environment meets SLA.
- You will participate on an On-call rotation which provide off hour support as well as perform weekend changes when required.
- Lead technology discussions at a high level with Infrastructure Technology leads, Architects, domain experts in varying aspects of technology stacks.
- Support development and professional services teams in system environments designed for product development, solution configuration, customer user acceptance testing, and QA testing
- Work with development teams to define, architect and deploy Linux-based tools to support development, QA, UAT, and professional services team's requirements
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline or equivalent 5-7 years' professional experience
- You have 5-7+ years' experience in Service delivery related roles and/or functional leadership role for Systems Administration of AIX/Redhat Linux systems
- Experienced in Server administration on AIX 6/7, RHEL 6/7, Veritas VxVM, Veritas Cluster Software
- Good understand of Apache, Tomcat and Websphere
- Knowledge of disk management tools such as LVM, Veritas Volume Manager.
- Working experience with various scripting language a plus. Ex: bash, ksh, sh, PERL, ruby
- Strong functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS and DNS.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to provide root cause analysis and remediation plan to mitigate future risk.
- Superb communication and organization skills
- Working experience on administer Container platform, and Docker Enterprise in particular with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes Orchestration.
- 3+ Years of hands-on experience with installing, configuring, maintaining, and deploying Docker Enterprise 2.x+
- Knowledge of DevOPS tools set: Chef, Jenkin, GIT, Terraform also a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of Datadog Monitoring and Aqua Security
- Hands-on experienced with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- You are experienced with Docker container images, tagging and labels.
- Basic experience with some RDBMS, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Automation with BMC BladeLogic
- Redhat Certified System Admin (RHCSA), Docker Certified Associate (DCA), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a plus #LI-AS1