HR Generalist (JR1010033)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
We are currently looking for an HR Generalist to join our dynamic team in Newark. In this role, you will provide support to Senior HR Business Partners and and guidance to our client groups in a fast-paced FinTech culture. You'll assist in coordinating or administering various aspects of our immigration processes, on educating associates and leaders on our new associate intranet tool (MyBroadridge), as well as compensation and benefits, talent, organizational development and employee programs.
This is a high exposure role for a self-motivated individual, looking for an opportunity to learn. You'll support the team through several concurrent projects.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Specialists (Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Organizational Effectiveness, Recruiting, Immigration and Mobility Specialist, etc.) and HR colleagues to initiate, support or resolve requests/issues.
- Assist in tracking HR related activity, analyze associate data for trends, gaps and provide ad hoc reports/ statistics to support departmental goals and initiatives (terminations, compensation, hires, diversity, etc.)
- Serve as a trusted advisor and resource to managers and associates on a variety of HR issues including performance management, development, compensation, team building, conflict resolution and employee retention strategies.
- Assist managers in addressing performance issues; provide direction on effective coaching and counseling. When necessary, work with managers to outline appropriate disciplinary steps.
- Implement actions plans as requested by the Senior HR Business Partners on HR related projects.
- Conduct exit interviews, and raise issues/trends as necessary, and provide recommendations to address.
- Manage severance process through compiling packages, tracking receipt and processing agreements in HR system.
- Stay informed and updated on HR policy changes and incorporate any changes as applicable.
- Assist in the facilitation and management of semi-annual promotion and adjustment cycles in support of Sr. HRBPs. This includes handling timeline, communications, consolidating requests and completing initial assessment of recommendations and seeking addition information as appropriate from managers.
- BA/BS degree required (degree HR or related discipline ideal).
- 1+ year experience with immigration policies and practices is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years related knowledge of HR policies, processes, and HRIS (Workday preferred).
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, follow-up and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to identify, drive, and/or participate in implementing process improvement activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team structure.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical abilities to independently resolve a variety of routine and complex issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, where multiple priorities need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility in a structured environment.
- Proficient with navigation of various online tools and technology, and use of MS Word and Excel.
- High level of discretion with confidential material.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.