Vice President - Operational Audit (JR1009804)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
It's a great time to be at Broadridge! We are actively seeking an ambitious, dedicated professional to join our corporate audit team in Newark as a Vice President, Operational Audit. Working independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment, you will manage or conduct performance, financial and compliance audit projects covering the entire organization. You will provide consulting services to organizational management and staff and major input to development of the Annual Audit Plan. Additionally, you'll provide training, mentoring and supervision to Internal Audit staff. You will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a thriving fintech company in a position of great visibility? Please read below to learn how you can make an immediate impact with our growing organization.
In this role, you will:
- Lead audit staff and in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of Internal Audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff.
- Manage the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and provide major input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Direct the performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Lead the audit staff in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers.
- Direct the audit staff in the identification, development and documentation of audit issues and recommendations.
- Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
- Represent Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management and Board meetings and with external organizations.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, finance or a related field required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years' audit, IT or business experience. Experience in industry auditing or accounting, and in supervising and conducting audits in operations, systems and other areas pertinent to the industry.
- One or more of CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices as well as industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, drawing logical conclusions, negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.