Proofreader (Entry Level) - Contract (JR1009848)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring! We are seeking a creative and dynamic proofreader comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment. You will work together with our Client Facing team checking the accuracy of all forms and entering data into a tracking database. If you are experienced working in a high-pressure, high-volume environment where accuracy is paramount we would love to hear from you. Are you looking for your next challenge?
This is a temporary, contract role expected to last through May 2020.
- Perform a full quality check on various types of financial documents at the time of creation as well as after various changes from the client before they are due to go to print.
- Assist with publications such as voting forms and letters, request forms, reports, website pages and e-mails.
- Ensure that the text matches the original documentation. Spelling, grammar and style are correct and consistent throughout including job numbers, page numbers, headings, etc. are correct. Logos are correct and of the highest quality.
- Identify changes that will be marked directly on .pdf documents by the proofreaders using tools found in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- A scrupulous approach to detailed work and a self-starter
- Strong communication skills including a high level of skill in written English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Motivation to work on their own, and to meet deadlines
- Proofreading experience is preferred; however, equivalent experience such as a degree in English or similar subject, or a background in writing, copy-editing are also suitable.
- You should have a deep-understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus.
During off-peak season, regular working hours are from 9am-6pm. During peak-season between the months of February and April, proofreaders may be asked to stagger their regular hours to an either earlier or later schedule for extended coverage. Overtime hours will also be available and encouraged during this critical time.