Chief Technology Officer Infrastructure
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY 11717, USA
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
The CTO of Infrastructure is a critical member of Broadridge’s Global Technology Organization leadership team and will report directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The role is designed to lead all aspects of the strategic direction of the enterprise infrastructure organization including data centers/hosting, networks and telecommunications, desktop/devices and service delivery. A key aspect of the role will be to evaluate key technology trends and provide thought leadership to the enterprise while ensuring the IT team is engaged on current trends and developments. This critical role is also on point for all technology vendor relationships, as well as running approximately $500M of the overall technology budget.
- Lead all aspects of the strategic direction of the enterprise infrastructure organization including data centers/hosting, networks and telecommunications, desktop and devices, helpdesk, service delivery, information security, and shared applications.
- Evaluate key industry, technology trends and provide thought leadership to the enterprise while ensuring the IT team is engaged on current trends and developments.
- Define and execute the technical strategic roadmap for new technologies and architectures including end-to-end implementations.
- Deploy strategies to introduce new technology, increase automation and establish efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Drive technology infrastructure and production services towards an efficient, responsive and reliable internal delivery organization focused on service and cost while aligned to business segment priorities and requirements.
- Apply advanced technology knowledge and skills in assessing technical requirements and develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity.
- Lead the planning and implementation of a data management and governance program and for the migration and replacement of technology hardware, operating systems, and networking platforms, as needed.
- Develop and coordinate effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event.
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open and professional working relationships with executives, management, and team members and clients.
- Lead strategic vendor and partner relationships.
- 15+ years of experience in technology leadership.
- Confirmed capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and drive cross group consensus in short periods of time.
- You will work well across-disciplines at various levels up through C level executives
- Demonstrable record of driving technology solutions to market with on and off-shore support.
- Deep understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications
- Detail oriented and capable of spanning the leadership spectrum from technical architecture to top-level business interaction.
- Demonstrable experience building a client oriented organization and driving or promoting a service delivery model.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills and the ability to lead multiple projects under strict timelines as well as the ability to work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Financial/budget management.
- High level of personal integrity with sensitivity to professionally handle confidential matters with judgment.
- Ability to communicate a business-centric, technology vision that encourages and motivates staff.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing technology and apply leading-edge technology to business needs.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.