Lead Windows Engineer (JR1008448)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring a Lead Windows AWS Cloud Administrator in our Newark, NJ location! You will architect, implement, and administration for Linux and Windows environments within a Cloud environment working with fellow engineers providing advanced engineering support for complex application performance and infrastructure issues. Are looking for a growing and dynamic firm where you can make an immediate impact? If so, we encourage you to read below.
- Manage and operate Windows physical and virtual servers in a large multinational financial services production environment, in support of 24x7x365 high availability service level dedication to customers
- Install configure and maintain Windows based systems including Windows OS technical support, software/systems admin and related data center activities
- Provide appropriate systems engineering hardware/software resources for business applications on Windows servers; perform capacity planning
- Ensure Windows and all its related systems are maintained at the highest level of support; works in accordance with procedures and provides technical supervision and consulting for junior systems engineering staff; provides reliable and secure business systems.
- Ensure client/server applications run successfully and are optimally tuned to maximize use of system resources while minimizing client impact; assist application developers in problem determination, system and application tuning, and consultation on projects; provide technical systems engineering assistance to the application development groups.
- Ensure data pertaining to the status of problems and service requests is entered into problem tracking systems accurately and promptly daily; provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Ensure the client/server environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintain currency with operating system and support software; plan and implement major software upgrades; ensure change and security management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed; provide a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development.
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree or related experience with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Familiar with setup, implement and troubleshoot Citrix XenApp environment is a must.
- Strong in Windows support and troubleshooting.
- Good scripting ability, know how to write batch files to automate daily tasks.
- Standout colleague to work with team members around the globe.
- You have experience in AWS technologies including AppStream 2.0, AWS Systems Manager (SSM), Directory Services, EBS, EC2, FSx for Windows File Server and Server Migration Service (SMS)
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) at least hundreds of machines in a complex distributed systems which is highly virtualized.
- Experience in manage VMware VSphere 6.0 or above
- Good knowledge in Active Directory, Group policy and other windows domain skills.
- Ability to maintain stable performance for the Windows environment; undertake performance monitoring/analysis, identify and resolve bottlenecks, produce performance reports for management; provides business application users and management with a well-tuned Windows server environment.
- Able to communicate critical information to management, users, and staff in a timely way.
- Have thorough understanding of fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP.
- Proven expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools for 24x7 environments.
- Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed. #LI-AS1
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”