Part Time Receptionist (JR1008656) - Contract
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are hiring for a dynamic Part-time Receptionist to join our team in our Long Island, Deer Park Office. As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist's duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also oversee front-desk activities, including catering deliveries, distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Create and maintain a pleasant and welcoming Reception Area, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, and communication. If you are a self-starter that strives to improve productivity then we would love to hear from you. See how you can contribute to our growing team below.
The hours will be 10am -3 pm Monday – Friday with flexibility to work full-time (8-6pm) to cover current full-time receptionist when on vacation, personal days etc.
This is a temporary, contract role, anticipated to be a temporary to permanent opportunity.
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Keeping all new business acquisitions information, maintaining and updating contact numbers/people at new office locations current.
- Maintain courier log that tracks packages being picked up at the front desk by messengers.
- Liaise with the IT department on all audio/visual needs and provide updates regarding meetings
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk and liaise with Edgewood security personnel
- Providing back-up support to all administrative personnel with presentations by printing, binding, creating UPS labels, ordering supplies etc. or generally helping out where needed
- Support visiting associates from other locations with catering orders, print jobs, scanning of documents, etc.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as photocopying, ordering lunch for meetings (internal/external), faxing as requested/needed
- Keeping the Executive conference room neat between meetings (remove food and beverages after meetings, remove handouts, put clean sheet on pad on sandwich board, making sure there are enough markers and erasers in room, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years office or equivalent experience, including computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with switchboards a plus
- Good oral communication and organizational skills; flexibility, professional appearance, demeanor and attitude
- Strong communication skills and the ability to write professionally, have excellent command of written English, grammar and strong proofreading skills
- Be adaptable to working with multiple personalities and with all levels of management
- Be motivated, well-organized and flexible with a keen attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”