Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- 283 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting role within our Corporate Finance team. As the Sr Manager, you will assist the Vice President, Global Technical Accounting and Corporate Accounting Compliance, in ensuring oversight for the Company's US GAAP compliance. You will work closely with the SEC Reporting Group, Corporate Finance, Business Unit Finance, Corporate Development, Legal and Senior Management. In this is a highly visible position, you will partner with key members of the management team responsible for negotiating new sales contracts and strategic transactions, and serve in an advisory role for contract structuring. In addition, you will also be responsible for providing technical accounting policy support for revenue recognition and other related technical accounting matters for the Broadridge Investor Communication Solutions (ICS) segment as well as assist in accounting due diligence for potential acquisition targets.
Are you a dedicated, strategic and analytical self-starter who demonstrates forward thinking? Do you have strong written and oral communication skills (e.g. can explain technical accounting concepts to non-accountants)? Are you looking for a role in which you can have significant impact? See below for how you can contribute to the success of our organization.
• Accounting research on a variety of technical accounting concepts, including revenue recognition, acquisitions, cost capitalization, internal use software, minority investments, and various other accounting and reporting matters.
• Implementing and maintaining corporate accounting policies, including assisting with the implementation of several major new accounting standards (including but not limited to revenue recognition and leasing) as well as educating management on changes to US GAAP.
• Writing accounting position white papers and reviewing with Broadridge's external auditors for the entire organization.
• Responsible for analyzing revenue contracts for appropriate revenue recognition accounting related to the ICS segment.
• Building and maintaining relationships with various business partners, including the Legal, Treasury, Business Development and FP&A departments to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction.
• Assisting other members of the corporate finance team as needed with quarter-end reporting requirements
• Leading special projects, as needed
Field(s) of Study:
• CPA required
• MBA preferred
• Minimum of 6-7 years of experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm is required (having at least achieved the title of Manager) and/or a combined Big 4 and previous industry experience doing technical accounting research
• Experience researching and understanding SEC rules and GAAP accounting rules
• Technical competence in US GAAP and SEC reporting
• Experience in a technical accounting body within a Big Four a plus (e.g. Accounting Advisory or National Office role)
• Ability to research and understand complex accounting issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to lead and drive projects to successful completion.
• Works well with all levels of management and peers with limited supervision
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet designated deadlines.
• Ability to identify and implement creative solutions that support greater efficiency and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019.
- We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”