Collections Supervisor (JR1008022)
- 2601 14th Avenue, Markham, Canada
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
• Supervise a team of 4-7 associates; ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained
Staff supervision including but not limited to hiring, corrective action, performance appraisals, review and approval of timesheet submission, etc.
Coordinate training activities for associates based on core competency levels. Ensure staff is properly cross-trained, professional and adequate coverage exists at all times.
Motivate and provide development opportunities to associates.
Effectively communicate messages to and from the leadership team, including messaging on the strategic vision and direction of the organization
• Monitor Oracle Work queues and review AR reports with collectors (over 60, over 180 and over 360 reports, COAS, etc.) to ensure appropriate next steps are initiated, provide escalation point for client inquiries, disputes, etc.
• Possess strong system knowledge and subject matter expertise in order to engage in automation projects, staff training and problem resolution;
• Manage initiatives within the team and implement process improvements;
• Resolve complex issues and ensure message is appropriately communicated across the organization;
• Serve as a liaison with other departments as well as senior management;
• Maintain, develop and implement internal controls and procedures for compliance with SOX, regulations from the SEC and client contracts; maintain procedure documentation;
• Partner with business lines on rollout of new initiatives, pricing change, etc. For example, consolidation credit, RMFP billing changes/prepayment opportunities, Attend and participate in strategy meetings;
• Responsible for documentation of all processes, procedures and provide necessary training of associates
• Establish and publish metrics to measure timeliness and accuracy of Credit and Collections activities ensure any data and analytics are presented in a structured and easy to understand manner with actionable insights
• Initiate and lead initiatives / projects such as Electronic Invoicing, Mutual Fund postage prepayment, Client Visitations, Oracle enhancements, etc.
• Back-up to Director when needed
• Perform various other tasks as directed by management
• Bachelor’s Degree; Business related preferred
• 4+ years in accounting, finance, client services or production
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Access, Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead, motivate and inspire various team
• Strong system knowledge of Oracle AR
• Expertise in integrated Oracle modules such as Advanced Collections and Receivables and internal mainframe system, ProxyPlus, a-plus