Executive Assistant to the CEO
- 5 Dakota Drive, Lake Success, NY
Broadridge is growing. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support our new CEO. Are you a polished Executive Assistant who possesses exceptional attention to detail, integrity and a positive attitude? If you are an experienced administrative professional who thrives in an exciting, dynamic environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As the Executive Assistant to our Chief Executive Officer, you will play an integral role as you leverage your high degree of confidence, integrity, and professionalism. We look for you to bring initiative and resourcefulness while you balance vital responsibilities. In this role your primary mission will be to provide best-in-class executive support which involves a wide variety of duties that are critical to ensuring smooth and seamless business processes.
The day-to-day responsibilities cover the administrative duties required for a deeply busy and visible executive. General responsibilities include:
Heavy calendar management - owns and coordinates heavy, complex meeting schedule which often include international participants. Includes the management of calendars, related correspondence, meeting details, logistics coordination.
Events - Coordinates events and executive meetings, from recurring staff meetings, to Town Hall meetings. Provides project management, budget management, space requirements, IT coordination, and all other support required for these various events and meetings.
Board Preparation - Prepares and manages communication, materials and meeting preparation for Board of Directors with perfect execution.
Powerpoint and Word Documents - Prepares electronic files with validated ability to proofread for spelling and grammar.
Office support – Provides back up support as needed for Executive Assistant, also as part of admin team coordinates phone and vacation coverage.
Travel coordination- Leads and coordinates travel itineraries and related meetings, which are sometimes international. Includes the coordination of calendars, travel plans, expense reimbursements, filing, etc.
Flexibility- Able to be flexible with hours and accessibility.
Other administrative and support tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive business and human resources communications, data and other information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to establish relationships of strong communication and network within the Broadridge administrative team. Will need to work cross functionally regarding issues of travel, meeting schedules and material completion.
- Be a leading teammate to work across the Broadridge executive assistant team.
- Utilize knowledge of company operations, policies, and department functions to proactively perform assigned duties and with minimal direct supervision.
- Resiliency; able to diplomatically and constructively, but firmly, ensure objectives are met. Able to quickly obtain information needed to move forward with a specific need/objective. Able to mold their interactions, tone, style etc. as needed based on the changing demands on the executive and the multiple internal and external customers and points-of-contact that continually access the executive offices.
- Appropriate professional presentation. You should be able to communicate effectively with C-level executives, Board members, and other high-level clients and candidates, and line-level employees, with equal dexterity, respect, and composure. Also be able to present oneself as a representative of the CEO’s office, and Broadridge, to a very large and diverse internal and external audience.
- Ability to speak clearly and succinctly relative to needs, questions, goals, etc. Must be direct in asking for clarification, guidance, opinions etc. of the executive to ensure accurate delivery on commitments, scheduling needs, meeting set-up, etc.
- Able to act independently, operating on accurate details and excellent judgment.
- Able to identify and leverage other resources within the business to clarify needs, delegate tasks, etc. in order to keep a very busy desk operating smoothly and efficiently.
- A ‘can-do’ perspective is imperative, and ability to simply ‘get-things-done’ under ambiguous, time constrained, high-pressure circumstances routinely.
- Able to quickly gain an understanding of the executive’s style and adapt own style and presentation to that of the executives. Effective interpersonal skills to be capable of working with all levels of office personnel.
- Project Management experience relating to organizing and leading events and projects related to the C-suite office. Must have a practiced, pragmatic means of managing multiple priorities that involve multiple internal stake-holders in the midst of handling other priorities for two executives.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Directly meaningful experience supporting the C-Suite executives of a mid-sized-to-large corporation. Not less than 5 years contiguous executive support experience (VP/EVP/C-level).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.