Human Resources Generalist (JR1003445)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are actively seeking a HR Generalist to join our team in Newark. In this role, you will provide HR support, guidance and coaching to associates and managers in our legal and finance departments as well as provide general HR support as needed in support of the VP – Human Resources. You will assist in coordinating or administering various aspects of the organization’s compensation and benefits, recruitment, training, organizational development and employee relations programs.
Would you like to join a dynamic and creative team? Do you want to be a part of a growing organization where you will make a difference? See below for how you can make a meaningful contribution to our team.
- You will serve as a trusted advisor and resource to senior leaders, managers and associates on a variety of HR issues including performance management, development, compensation, employee relations, conflict resolution and employee retention strategies.
- You will assist managers in addressing performance issues; provide guidance on effective coaching and counseling and when necessary, work with managers to outline appropriate disciplinary steps.
- You'll ensure consistent and effective application of HR processes and programs.
- You will respond to employees' questions about policies, compensation, pay and benefits.
- You'll partner with Specialists (Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Organizational Effectiveness, etc) and HR colleagues to initiate, support or resolve client requests/issues.
- You'll develop and implement actions plans related to HR related projects.
- You will assist in tracking HR related activity, analyze associate data for trends, gaps and provide ad hoc reports/ statistics to support departmental goals and initiatives (terminations, compensation, hires, diversity, etc.).
- You will conduct exit interviews, raise issues/trends as necessary, and provide recommendations to address.
- You will handle severance process through compiling packages, tracking receipt and processing agreements in HR system.
- You'll stay informed and updated on HR policy changes and incorporate any changes as applicable.
- You will lead facilitation and management of semi-annual promotion and adjustment cycles for client groups and engage VP – HR as needed and for final approval. This includes establishing timeline, communications, consolidating requests and conducting assessment of recommendations as well as and seeking addition information as appropriate from managers.
- BA/BS degree required (degree HR or related discipline ideal).
- Minimum 5 years of HR experience (minimum of 2 years as an HR Business Partner).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Proficient with navigation of various online tools and technology, and use of MS word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with dedicated problem solving
- Ability to identify, drive, and/or participate in implementing process improvement activities.
- Customer centric focus with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team structure.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical abilities to independently resolve a variety of routine and complex issues.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, where multiple priorities need to be effectively handled, while maintaining composure and flexibility in a structured environment.
- High level of discretion with confidential material.
Why should you join Broadridge?
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies.' We were honored to have recently been added to the S-P 500.
- We have also been rated as a 'Best Company to Work for' in NY State for 10 consecutive years.
- We value diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including 'Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality,' Bronze Award in the 'Opportunity Now' Benchmark and the Women's Forum on New York, among others.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.