Revenue Analyst (JR1003912)
- 2600 Southwest Blvd., Kansas City, MO
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are excited to be expanding our Broadridge Customer Communications team and are seeking a Revenue Analyst to join the Revenue Accounting team in Kansas City. As our Revenue Analyst you will perform all aspects of the monthly billing cycle. You will work as a self-directed problem solver with a focus on execution, accountability and ownership. The role requires the ability to multi-task and complete many responsibilities simultaneously.
Do you have a real passion for finance and looking to join a dynamic team? Please see below for how you can make an immediate impact with our growing organization.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your group of customers are invoiced timely, accurately and completely.
- Perform financial and billing related analysis and research.
- Compile and prepare reports or invoices for internal and external clients.
- Adapt to constantly changing requirements and business needs; quickly implementing solutions when necessary.
- Follow through with projects and initiatives relating to your customers billing requirements.
- You will communicate effectively with peers and leaders in related functional areas in order to ensure client billing needs are being met.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- You should understand in detail both how and why functions are performed and how they are related to the overall billing structure.
- You will need to effectively communicate findings to peers and leaders
- You should possess project management skills
- You should be able to research complex issues with internal partners and respond to customer, client, and/or internal client requests via telephone and/or email.
Why should you join Broadridge
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies.' We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 in 2018.
- We have also been rated as a 'Best Company to Work for' in NY State for 10 consecutive years.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including 'Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality,' Bronze Award in the 'Opportunity Now' Benchmark and the Women's Forum on New York, among others.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.