Revenue Analyst - Billing (JR1003853)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are actively recruiting for a Revenue Analyst to join our global Finance team in Newark. As the Revenue Analyst, you will be an integral member of the Corporate Financial Operations team. In this role, you will work with our international and domestic businesses to process billing for numerous clients and product lines.
It is important to be system and detail orientated as you be will be looked upon to provide recommendations as it relates to system and process improvement.
Do you want to join a creative and dynamic organization? Are you passionate about finance and want to work with a team in which you can make a significant impact? See below for how you can contribute to the success of Broadridge.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- You will prepare & produce monthly invoices for assigned GTO & GTOI (and/or other SBU) client sets. You'll be responsible for the initial set-up of clients invoices, which includes incorporation of all billable services on a consolidated invoice by product by revenue type. You'll report Revenue Accrual monthly by the third business day to the Billing Supervisor.
- You'll review all major dollar variances as well as the transaction variances for each client, and research/resolve prior to reporting to Supervisor.
- You will answer all billing inquires made on that account by the A/R Department, Account Manager, Billing Supervisor, Senior Director of Billing and A/R, Controller and Financial Analysts.
- You will conduct Audits, Identify Revenue Enhancements, Interpret & implement pricing schedules and contracts.
- You will review monthly variance and provide detailed explanations for management reporting. You will do monthly client Revenue Accruals and transaction reporting etc.
- Over time, you will train associates in any new procedures/processes as developed & implemented. You will provide task-specific direction and assistance billing associates as needed.
- You will prioritize and raise billing issues as needed.
- You will interpret Master Services Agreement (contract) pricing information and implement pricing structure into the CIRS Database. We have a high level of complex pricing elements and a number of different functionalities that exist in our Billing database.
- You'll comprehend the transaction structure in order to properly identify the applicable data elements in a transaction roll-up.
- You'll review all transaction counts for billing on a monthly basis with a focus on the Trades processed. You will ensure various reconciliations are in place for each associate to perform to prevent any lost revenue or lost transactions.
- You will perform monthly client audits and review findings with Account Management. You will update our Client profile database as to the status of the finding. You will review contract for pricing and implement findings. You'll update our Client Profile with all known services currently rendered to client. You'll update Revenue Abstract with monthly billing changes at a client level.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (i.e Word, Outlook, Excel). Strong Excel skills
- Self-starter with highly analytical mindset and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Oracle a plus
Why should you join Broadridge?
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies.' We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 in 2018.
- We have also been rated as a 'Best Company to Work for' in NY State for 10 consecutive years.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including 'Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality,' Bronze Award in the 'Opportunity Now' Benchmark and the Women's Forum on New York, among others.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.