Sr. Payroll & Tax Analyst (JR1002538)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge continues to experience strong growth. We are actively recruiting for a Sr. Payroll Tax Analyst to join our global human resources team in Newark. In this role, you will be responsible for accurate and timely wage and tax reporting and remittances and overall tax compliance. You'll provide technical support relating to compensation and benefits. As a subject matter expert, you will support our HR Help Desk and Payroll with day-to-day inquiries to answer complex payroll and tax questions for proper treatment. You'll liaise with the Finance department to assist with reconciling GL payroll accounts.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and creative organization? Are you a self-starter who would like to join an organization where you can make a significant impact? See below for how you can contribute to the success of our organization.
- Ensuring all payroll tax activities ensuring are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Researching and monitoring the latest tax and payroll regulations changes; interpreting payroll policies and ensuring appropriate tax, benefits and garnishment deductions are calculated and applied correctly.
- Managing a multi-state process and SUI rates.
- Maintaining responsibility for tax setup and system updates in ADP Enterprise Solution.
- Performing bi-weekly and monthly payroll reviews and audits to ensure accurate payrolls.
- Verifying associates' state and local tax set up based on work location.
- Leading our year-end process, building year end officer's statements, managing W-2 and W-2C processes and crafting all W2 communications and FAQ's for W2 season. Also updating the ADP fast facts (Fed and State rate information) and publishing all communications on Broadridge's intranet.
- Performing biweekly, quarterly and annual wage and tax reconciliations.
- Following corporate SOX internal controls and using the pre and post audits cycle checklists to ensure compliance.
- Responding to requests for information related to federal and state audits.
- Investigating tax notices with payroll vendor and agencies for resolution and accurate reporting.
- Documenting department processes and update SOPs; making recommendations for process improvement opportunities.
- Involvement with M&A activities and projects when needed.
- Liaising with the Tier1 Call Center HR Help Desk to discuss relevant topics and for imparting training.
- 3+ years' relevant payroll and payroll tax experience, ideally in a medium to large organization
- Hands on knowledge of multi state tax withholding programs
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise is recommended
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing organization that will guide you in developing your career.
- A widely-recognized environment valuing diversity, inclusion and community involvement.
- A platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- A strong focus on personal learning and development to help you reach your professional development goals.
- Excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits and much more.
- Competitive 401k plan with employer match and additional basic company contribution.
- Generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays. #LI-AS1
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.