- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is growing. Our team is hiring for an Operations Analyst role in our Newark, NJ office. The successful Operations Analyst will play a meaningful role towards mitigating operational, financial, and regulatory risk for both Broadridge and our Clients and afford our Clients outstanding service, experience, and satisfaction. You'll be responsible for the deliverables associated with all aspects of responding to and managing client inquiries, thus avoiding any reactive negative inquiries by Clients and their customers. Ability to work independently to respond to all client inquiries every day including the most complex and escalated issues. Are you a self-starter looking to join a diverse team? Are you looking to make a difference within an ambitious team? If so, read below on how you can help contribute to our fast-growing and dynamic team.
This is a temporary, ongoing contract role.
- You are responsible for phases of year-end reporting including 1099 and 1042s processing
- You will facilitate Monthly Trial Runs for output review by client.
- You will perform research into client inquires to ensure proper processing
- You have the ability to understand regulatory requirements related to 1042 reporting, and have knowledge of Cost Basis, FATCA IRS reporting requirements.
- You will assist management in ensuring proper product delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items
- Challenging all processes, procedures and practices
- You will be helping to enhance the productivity of the unit
- Develop department culture focused on client service excellence
- Assist in the development and production of daily/monthly management reporting
- Identifying and resolving workflow issues
- Juggling several projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
- Assisting the management team in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls
- Ensuring adherence to all established policies, procedures and controls
- Building relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Bachelor's degree -- Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- Information Reporting and Withholding Tax: 4-8 years and/or equivalent experience
- Strong Communication (verbal and written) and Analytical skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Some MS Access knowledge
- Experience working in the tax department producing 1099s/1042s of a brokerage/bank is a plus
- Experience working in the corporate actions department of a brokerage/bank is a plus
- Good product knowledge i.e. equity, options, etc.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaborative skills in diverse work groups
- Ability to perform under pressure, stay organized and meet deadlines
- Ability to see the "big picture" and how reporting affects end clients
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, and flexible in changing functions
- Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.