Junior Web Developer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Brainrider is a marketing services company with teams in San Francisco, Menlo Park, and Toronto helping our clients build beautiful, effective, compelling content, websites, and campaigns.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
Brainrider is looking for a junior-level Web Developer to join our fantastic team in Toronto, Canada!
Must be a self-starting front-end developer with a strong desire to learn new skills and tackle new problems. You'll be developing web pages, scripts and email templates across multiple tech stacks and programming languages.
- Develop responsive cross-browser web pages and email templates
- Develop scripts for use in various marketing technologies
- Write clean and maintainable code, optimized for performance, load times, and maintainability
- Participate in testing process and code debugging
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, coding practices, tools, and standards
- Effectively communicate with senior developers, designers, and account managers about various projects and tasks
- Collaborate with account and development teams to understand requirements
- Support account managers on client calls with development work
Benefits and Perks:
- Health benefits (Dental, Vision, etc)
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Company parties and events (Thirsty Thursdays, Bagel Mondays, Work-From-Home Fridays)
- Chances to quickly grow as a developer, improve workflow and implement new technologies
- Web Development degree/certification or minimum of 1 year of website development experience
- Solid understanding of front-end frameworks
- Experience with responsive web design implementation
- Web optimization knowledge and ability
- Cross browser and OS compatibility testing
- Knowledge of source controls tools such as Git
- Basic Photoshop and/or sketch skills
- Experience in PHP as a programming language an asset
- Wireframe and UX design an asset
- High level of problem solving and analytical skills
Please do not contact our employees when applying - only applications through this system will be considered.
This position requires candidate to live in Canada and work in-house in Toronto.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters, please.