Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Kiefer Road, Sunnyvale, CA, United States
We were founded in 1995 with the goal of making surgery more effective, less invasive, and easier on surgeons and patients. We develop, manufacture, and market robotic-assisted surgical systems. We are a pioneer and a global leader in robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery.
Working with doctors and hospitals, we’re continuing to develop new, minimally invasive surgical platforms and diagnostic tools to help solve complex healthcare challenges around the world.
You will work with a group of talented and dedicated people to improve and extend our surgical robotic product lines. The successful candidate will contribute broadly to the Data & Digital Development Group, with focused contribution on the connectivity embedded software.
As a senior member of the team, you will design and maintain system-side connectivity software as part of a holistic digital solution that is offered to our internal & external customers. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy small focused team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high product quality.
The candidate shall also be able to multi-task and handle production issues and project tasks independently; have good communication skills and ability to engage in open, active collaboration. Supporting you will be a development and management team that knows and cares about what you are doing, and wants you to succeed.
- Work on a cross-functional team to design, develop and verify connectivity embedded software
- Architect efficient and intelligent system-side cross-platform networking solutions for transferring various types of data to/from cloud-based ISI servers
- Contribute to the definition, requirements & specifications of future designs
- Perform formal risk analysis and develop software mitigations
- Support root cause analysis and issue resolution for released products and products in production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with embedded C/C++ development on embedded Linux / RTOS (such as QNX, VxWorks, etc.)
- Experience with Python
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming
- Experience with networking protocols and programming
- Experience with IoT (bringing back-end system data to server database/web UI)
- Experience with medical device software development life cycle
- Experience with serialization frameworks (protobuf, thrift or avro)
- Experience with QT (QML) UI application
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.