Shaver Innovation Manager - France
- Clichy, France
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Global Innovation Manager - Shaver - is responsible for executing long-term Innovation Strategy in partnership with the Global Senior Innovation Manager for the Shaver portfolio (3Y+). This role will work in close collaboration with Global Insights & Innovation partners to nourish the Long-Term Innovation Pipeline.
The job is based in Paris, FRANCE. (if you are not willing to move to Paris, we thank you to not apply to this offer)
Main Responsibilities :
- Monitor the global marketplace for new product innovations, competitive intelligence and key trends (consumer, lifestyle, social, societal insights, macro market trend, emerging technologies…) to identify and develop white space and business opportunities ;
- Contribute to the Idea generation and Concept development process (shavers/grooming) ;
- Contribute to the Research Plan linked to Research Directions & Long-Term Roadmap projects ;
- Lead the R&D briefs to generate and develop ideas for innovation/renovation (product & packaging) that deliver on key consumer needs and align to the brand to fuel the Long-Term Innovation Pipeline (3Y+) ;
- Contribute to develop appropriate presentation materials for Innovation initiatives to ensure awareness and strategic alignment across leadership during the Innovation decision forums, gaining approval and support ;
- Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing, Business Administration, or related field ;
- 5+ years of Marketing experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in CPG Innovation. An experience in global launches is a plus ;
- Proven new product launches track record - driving an innovation process from Ideation, conceptualization through to product proof-of-concepts and consumer validation ;
Solid understanding and experience of both Qualitative / Quantitative consumer research with proven analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and translate consumer insights and learnings, market trends into actionable recommendations for new innovation initiatives to feed brand growth ;
Strong consumer-focused orientation and problem-solving skills. Ability to think and sell conceptually ;
Ability to flex between strategic, analytical, and creative thinking, with an open and entrepreneurial mindset ;
Highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter with ability to work independently ;
Good understanding of the different technical disciplines involved in innovation (R&D, Manufacturing, Legal/Regulatory/IP, Design, Insights…) which requires good connecting skills ;
Solid organizational and project management skills. Ability to work with cross-functional teams and cross-cultural environment, manage and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and priorities ;
Strong financial acumen ;
Flexibility and resilience in a fast-moving environment ;
Fluent English ;
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!