General Maintenance Operative
- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Our Property Team provide planned and re-active maintenance necessary to preserve our reputation for the comfort and safety of our guests and staff across both hotels.
- Painting and decorating
- Grounds maintenance and carry out daily maintenance issues
- Problem solving
- Collection of Property Data from around the Building
- Monitoring of areas back of house such as loading bay etc
- Monitor incoming deliveries
- Swimming pool testing and maintenance
You will need to be capable of carrying out a range of different maintenance tasks. You will understand how to use power tools safely and have experience of practical work. You should be physically able to lift and carry 20KG sacks and loads. Having a trade qualification or being an experienced maintenance operative will be an advantage.
As the role requires you to interact with our guests and staff, you must be able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English, have basic computer skills and be numerate. You need to be able to follow instructions, prioritise effectively and complete tasks to a high standard.
- Experienced maintenance person, or someone who holds a trade qualification
- Must be experienced in power tools
- Willingness to learn
- An eye for detail, a ‘can do’ and ‘willing to learn’ attitude and a good sense of humour are essential as well as being a brilliant team player
- You will need an awareness of, and a good attitude towards, health & safety
- £20,995 per annum
- Permanent contract for 42.5 hours per week including weekends. The working hours required for the maintenance role will be 1.00pm until 9.00pm.
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on services and products at Bedruthan and the Scarlet
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.