- Santa Barbara, CA
barkback is a fast growing start-up focused on helping small businesses and their customers. barkback extends the customer experience beyond the storefront. From private feedback to exclusive promotions, we deepen the relationship between a business and its customers, allowing customers to freely express themselves while providing the business with new insights. Together we foster a new level of connection which improves both the business and the customer experience.
barkback is seeking a software engineer to join our awesome team. Amazing opportunity to be a part of a mobile-consumer venture that is changing the way customers interact with businesses. Looking for a killer programmer to help us solve exciting problems. As a software engineer, you will own the enhancement of our backend databases and servers that power the barkback service, and also develop tools for the barkback teams to get even more done. You'll get to work closely with our web developers and product teams to bring new product features to life as well as make the existing product even more amazing.
Being extremely intelligent doesn't hurt.
- Object Oriented programming experience with at least 4 years experience or a degree in a related field.
- Experience working with a MVC framework, and more specifically Ruby on Rails, is a plus.
- Experience using AJAX/JSON and creating robust APIs is heavily encouraged, but not required.
- Experience working on a SaaS application.
- Experience writing SQL is required.
- Knowledge of website operations is a plus, especially in a cloud hosted environment.
- You must be able to work from our amazing office located in downtown Santa Barbara.
Check out our IOS and Android apps.