Real Estate Agent / Apartment Locator
- Austin, TX
Austin Residence is a new real estate brokerage in the UT Austin campus area that's redefining the way people search for a home. Our website AustinResidence.com is the most comprehensive site on the web for UT real estate, and we have become the first brokerage in Austin to offer high resolution full screen photos and HD video tours of apartments.
The company is guided by the following mission statement:
To be the premier provider of residential real estate leasing and sales services for neighborhoods within five miles of The University of Texas at Austin. We are committed to putting our clients’ needs first and offering honest, expert, and friendly guidance to prospective and current renters and owners.
In addition to representing tenants, landlords, buyers, and sellers, we've also partnered with a local property management company to offer management services to clients.
Austin Residence was founded by UT alumnus (B.S. '08) Alex Ray, who has personally helped more than 1,200 clients find a home. Before starting Austin Residence, Alex was the top producer on a team of agents that was voted #1 by UT students four straight years.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB POSTING IS NOT YET ACTIVE, BUT PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE NOTIFIED ONCE WE'RE OFFICIALLY HIRING. THANKS!
Are you ready to start or continue an exciting career as a Full Time Real Estate Agent / Apartment Locator? Austin Residence will provide you with the knowledge, tools, and resources needed to succeed in this dynamic industry. We are looking for driven agents to lease and sell properties near UT Austin and throughout central Austin. Real estate is fast-paced and competitive and every day is interesting - you will constantly be meeting new people from all walks of life and learning new things.
- Commission-based = high income potential
- Progressive commission schedule (your starting split level depends on your real estate experience)
- Commission levels never decrease or reset
- Be your own boss, work wherever you want, and set your own schedule
- Access to our West Campus office for meeting clients
- No desk fees
- Leads from our website that’s ranked on the first page of Google
- Stay organized with our Customer Relationship Management System
- Premium access to our comprehensive rentals database
Being a Real Estate Agent / Apartment Locator in the UT campus area can be a lucrative job if you put in the time and effort and have the right systems – we’ll show you how and put you on the fast track. In fact, the top producing UT area agents that focus on leasing apartments have a higher income than most agents in this city that focus on sales. Selling homes is a great way to diversify your income stream when those opportunities arise and we’ll certainly coach you through a sale when you’re ready. However, there are several reasons why UT leasing remains the core of our business model and why we think it’s a good idea to master the rental market before attempting to do sales full time:
- UT area leasing is much less cyclical than the sales market. Pre-leasing for the following school year starts 11 months in advance, and there’s constant turnover with students moving in and out of the city. As a result, there’s steady and consistent rental demand near campus practically year-round, regardless of how the economy’s doing. In contrast, the sales market is “feast or famine” and is characterized by hot and cold years. If it’s a cold year for sales, it’s nice to be able to “fall back" on your leasing skills.
- Homeownership rates have been declining, and Zillow projected that $6.2 billion in commissions would be moving to rentals. Rentals are, and should continue to be, in high demand. Today’s college graduates have more student loan debt than ever (average debt = $33,000), which will force young professionals to wait longer for their first home purchase as compared with previous generations.
- Leasing is a natural stepping stone to sales and investments if that’s your end goal, and you don’t have to wait six months before getting your first paycheck as is often the case with sales. By staying in touch with rental clients, you’ll be well positioned to represent them once they’re ready to buy their first home. Also, by understanding tenant preferences and market rents, you’ll be more qualified and valuable to an investor looking to purchase an income property.
- Motivated to succeed
- Strong work ethic
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Honest and ethical
- Effective listener and fast learner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Resourceful / problem solver
- Proficient with internet and email
- Access to a vehicle that’s covered by liability insurance
- TX real estate license, or willingness to become licensed
- Interested in doing real estate full time
Once you apply, we will confirm receipt of your resume within 48 hours. If it appears you’re a good fit, we’ll set up a 15-30 minute confidential phone interview, and afterward you will be notified within 24 hours if you’ve been selected for an in-person interview. In-person interviews take place with the Broker at the Austin Residence office in West Campus (1201 W. 24th St, Suite 109, Austin, TX 78705). If you’re ultimately hired, you will begin the training / orientation program. Or, if you still need to obtain your license, we will guide you through the licensure process.