Communication Specialist/Flight Dispatcher
- 150 Lagoon Dr, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
Hawaii Life Flight (HLF) is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. HLF has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients between island hospitals to larger care facilities. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
Hawaii Life Flight (HLF) is currently seeking a full time Communications Specialist/Flight Dispatcher to join our team in the Honolulu, HI. The Communications Specialist/Flight Dispatcher will work in a fast-paced environment, working both individually and in a team environment to receive and coordinate emergent and non-emergent telephone requests for patient transports via air and ground ambulance 24 hours a day 7 days week. This exciting position will allow you to work closely with pilots, nurses, aircraft mechanics and administrators to ensure our patients are flown to their destination in a timely manner. Position includes benefits, medical/dental, paid time off, holiday pay, and a 401K after 1 year.
Starting pay is $15/hour. Work schedule is Mon-Fri from 12:00PM-8:00PM, with occasional weekends/holidays.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Previous customer service and/or phone experience
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and rapidly changing priorities while maintaining attention to detail and superior customer service
- Basic math skills
- Time management skills
- General geographic knowledge and map reading skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet search engines
- Able to type a minimum of 35 wpm (typing test will be included in interview process)
- Ability to think and act quickly under pressure
- Ability to answer and field calls from multiple phones
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to take direction and feedback well
For more information please visit us at: www.guardianflight.com