- Yuma, AZ, Yuma, AZ
AeroCare has been providing quality air medical services nationally and internationally for 20 years and has been devoted to providing the desert Southwest prompt, responsive and safe fixed-wing medical transport since February 2003.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct leadership and role model for:
- Base Managers
- Field Training Officers
- Outreach Coordinators
- Medical Department Materials Manager
- Marketing Director/Manager
- Building/Ground Maintenance Supervisor
- Chief Flight Nurse
- QM Manager
- Safety Manager
- Maintain professional relationship with Medical Director and Base Hospitals
- Management and leadership that uses the philosophies and culture of GF, supporting exceptional clinical performance, customer service, diversity, and innovation.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager
- Continue to promote and grow a culture of safety at GF ensuring that safety is always the first priority of you and your staff.
- Make recommendations for safety improvement, staff retention, staff morale, quality improvement, job satisfaction and overall service improvement.
- Attend quarterly Safety/QM Meetings and Monthly Staff Meetings.
- Approve employee raises and new hire employees for departments you supervise.
- Attend Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) and retain professional relationships with other flight programs, hospitals and personnel.
- Ensure company compliance with NAAMTA standards at all times.
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and approve new hire applications; attend interviews for possible new hires.
- Support clinical coordination in day-to-day activities including staffing and clinical issues.
- Regularly travel to all bases to insure consistency of operation.
- Handle issues relating to medical employees (i.e. timing out, problems, etc.) 24/7.
- Assist in medical employee evaluations, reprimands, promotions, or terminations as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Air Medical Management Experience.
- Knowledge of NAAMTA accreditation requirements.
- Previous experience with medical accrediting organizations.
- 5+ years managing over 50 personnel covering a vast region of operations.
For more information, please visit www.guardianflight.com